A measure of the work experience. The organization trusts employees to use their expertise to make decisions about how to do their jobs.
- I can make meaningful decisions about how I do my job.
- I am not micromanaged at my job.
- I have the freedom to do my job in the best way I see fit.
A measure of the work experience. The organization enables employees to feel they possess the emotional and psychological resources necessary for investing themselves in their roles.
- I am confident in my ability to deal with problems that come up at work.
- I am confident in my ability to handle competing demands at work.
- I am confident in my ability to think clearly at work.
A measure of an employee's relationship with their coworkers. There are amicable interactions among coworkers leading to positive relationships at the organization. Previously known as Friendship and Trust.
- My coworkers value my input.
- My coworkers and I have mutual respect for one another.
- I trust my coworkers.
A measure of the organization's leadership. Leaders help employees feel that the rewards and treatment of individuals are fair within the organization.
- I feel the rewards I get are equitable given the work I do.
- Decisions here about people are made using a fair process.
- Overall I feel this organization is just and fair in the way it treats and rewards employees.
A measure of an employee's direct manager. Employees feel that they receive adequate and helpful feedback from their manager.
- I get sufficient feedback about how well I am doing.
- I receive feedback on a regular basis.
- I get feedback that is constructive
A measure of the work experience. The organization makes efforts to remove structural barriers that prevent an employee from achieving their goals. Previously known as Competency.
- There is a great support system at this organization that helps me achieve my work goals.
- My organization helps to limit the number of distractions that keep me from achieving my goals.
- My organization provides me with what I need to help achieve my goals.
A measure of the organization's leadership. Leaders are approachable, visible, accessible and readily available to all employees in the organization. Previously known as Authenticity.
- The leaders of this organization are often connecting with people at work.
- The leaders of this organization make themselves available for the employees.
- The leaders of this organization can be easily reached by the employees.
A measure of the organization's leadership. The perception of leaders based on their commitment to do what is best for employees and the company and their ability to follow through on that commitment. Previously known as Authenticity.
- The leaders in this organization follow through with what they say they are going to do.
- The leaders in this organization are reliable.
- I can depend on the leaders of this organization.
A measure of an employee's direct manager. The relationship between the employee and their manager that looks at respect, fairness, and development.
- My manager treats me fairly in the way they interact with me.
- My manager helps me develop confidence in my own ability to do my job well.
A measure of the work experience. The organization helps employees have a sense of value (purpose, money, status, and influence) when they immerse themselves in their roles.
- My job activities are personally meaningful to me.
- I feel that the work I do on my job is valuable.
- The work I do on this job is very important to me.
A measure of the work experience. The organization promotes and encourages employees' professional development.
- I am encouraged to expand my skills and abilities.
- There is someone at work who encourages my professional development.
- I have opportunities to increase my influence in the organization.
A measure of an employee's direct manager. The sense within an individual that they can show and employ their true selves at work without fear of negative consequences to self-image, status, or career.
- I am not afraid to be myself at work.
- I do not sense any kind of threatening environment at work.
- I am free to express my opinions at work.
A measure of the work experience. How aligned are employees with the goals and direction of the organizations.
- I know why this organization exists.
- I feel a shared sense of purpose with my work group.
- I have a good idea of what this organization is trying to accomplish.
A measure of the work experience. The organization gives employees a sense that they can take time off when needed.
- I feel like I can take personal time off when I need it.
- I feel like I can take a vacation when I need it.
A measure of the work experience. The organization connects employees' daily work tasks to the purpose of the business and provides clarity about what that work is.
- I understand how my role fits into the purpose of the organization.
- There is a clear link between what I do and organizational objectives.
- Overall, I have a good understanding of what I am supposed to be doing in my job.
A measure of an employee's relationship with their coworkers. Coworkers share common work attitudes.
- The people who work here share common work values.
- I have shared work values with my coworkers.
A measure of the work experience. The organization effectively uses employees' abilities and skills in their roles.
- My job makes good use of my skills and abilities.
- My job challenges me in a positive way
- My skills are being utilized to their fullest potential.